Why Your Penis Does Smells Like Fish?
Penis odors are incredibly common. Most common causes of fishy smell around the penis related to poor hygiene and skin infection, but sometimes it causes by sexual infection. Uncircumcised man seems more often get smelly penis than circumcised man. The smell is coming from inside of the foreskin and is caused by a bacteria buildup. Uncircumcised man need to clean it out a lot better by wash with soap and water every single day. Then apply an antibacterial penis health crème.
Unpleasing and repelling odors in the groin area leads to several factors:
- The groin area is generally covered (hence not exposed to sun or air at all times).
- The groin is covered with multiple layers of clothing, making it more warm, damp and sweaty than most other parts of the human body.
- Groin area is also naturally colonized with certain bacteria which contribute to the production of unwanted smell.
- Besides bacteria, groin is also richly supplied with certain glands (known as apocrine glands) and their secretions are mixed with sweat and other body fluids. This can lead tocause groin area smells like fish.
- Moreover, let’s not forget the release of urine and fecal matter from the near-by organs that can further lead to the foul smelling groins
What Brings Penis Smells Like Fish?
Smegma is a thick white matter that is a combination of shed skin cells and sebum. In males, it is found in the area between the foreskin and the glans penis. As a matter of fact, it is normal to have this secretion in the genitals, as it serves for lubrication during sex. But it becomes a problem when it builds up as it may give off a fishy smell from the penis. This happens because bacteria thrive and flourish in moist environments such as the smegma.
This refers to the redness or inflammation of the head or foreskin of the penis. Balanitis usually affects men who are uncircumcised which can be caused by the accumulation of penis smegma or, a result of poor hygiene. Symptoms of such condition include itching, soreness, burning sensation and a smelly penis discharge.
Yeast infection could also cause the fishy smell of the penis. Yeast is present even in the healthiest bodies, but with a compromised immune system yeast will rapidly grow uncontrollably. Yeast infections can cause an unpleasant smell in the genitals, together with itching, cheesy discharge, and burning. It can also be transmitted to another person through sexual contact.
Urinary Tract Infection
Fishy or some foul smell from the penis could also come from the foul smelling urine caused by urinary tract infection or UTI. UTI is caused by a bacterial invasion, usually E. coli, in the urinary system.
This could result from starvation or could be a manifestation of Type 1 Diabetes, and this could lead to strong smelling urine.
Lack of regular hygiene
This is especially for uncircumcised men, who must worry about smegma, or the buildup of oil and dead skin cells that is common under the foreskin. Clean the penis carefully, each and every time to get rid of foreskin smells fishy.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
An STI can sometimes cause a sore and cause smelly penis to both uncircumcised and circumcised fishy odor on penis. Some examples of STIs and their symptoms include:
Gonorrhea: this can cause an unusual white, yellow or green discharge from the tip of your penis, pain or a burning sensation when urinating and inflammation of the foreskin
Chlamydia: this can cause a white, cloudy or watery discharge from the tip of your penis, pain when urinating and pain in the testicles.
Food: What you eat influences the body odor. A diet too rich in meat, fish and dairy can cause bad penis odor.
Non-specific urethritis (NSU): Urethritis is inflammation of the urethra (the tube running from the bladder to the tip of the penis). Urethritis is normally caused by an STI but if the cause is unknown, it’s called non-specific urethritis (NSU). NSU can make your penis sore and smelly.
Symptoms of NSU include:
- a white or cloudy discharge from the tip of your penis
- a burning or painful sensation when you urinate
- the tip of your penis may feel irritated and sore
- a frequent need to urinate
Symptom of Fishy Smell Penis
Beside Fishy Smells, other symptoms include:
- a frequent need to pee, even if you don’t pass much urine when you go
- a burning sensation when you pee
- cloudy or pink urine
Fishy Smell Penis Medication
Uncircumcised odor treatment:
Guys with a foreskin can run the risk of their penises smelling more strongly, based on growth of bacteria or yeast under near the foreskin, if they don’t wash there regularly. Here are tips for uncircumcised treatment to avoid smelly penis odor, include:
- Keep It Dry
- Get Rid Of Smegma
Get antibiotics for the infection fishy smell penis causes. Common options include:
- fosfomycin (Monurol)
- cephalexin (Keflex)
- nitrofurantoin (Macrodantin)
Medication to help clear the fungal infection (Yeast Infection) causes. Common options include:
- fluconazole (Diflucan)
- miconazole (Lotrimin AF)
- clotrimazole (Lotrimin AF)
- imidazole (Canesten)
Ointment or cream for irritation, such as :
- hydrocortisone (Cortaid)
Medication for gonorrhea,
- injection of ceftriaxone (Rocephin)
- oral medication, such as azithromycin (Zithromax) or doxycycline (Monodox)
How to Avoid Your Penis from Fishy Smell
- Pour half cup of vinegar and half cup of salt into a bathtub and soak several times a week. This can help you get rid of foul smell from vagina by balancing the vaginal ph.
- Wash your penis with warm water and mild soap which cleans your penis and prevent fishy odor for some hours.
- Wear cotton panties and loose fitting clothes, allowing your penis to breathe. It will also reduce foul smell from penis.
- Change your undergarments daily.
- Take a pro-biotic supplement to ensure that you maintain a healthy level of ‘good’ bacteria in your body.
- Trim your pubic hair. Long pubic hair can hold in moisture, dirt, and bacteria.
- Wear condoms every time you have sex. This can prevent the spread of STIs and other substances that can cause irritation or infections.
- Don’t have sex with someone who has symptoms of an STI.
- Clean your penis after you have sex. This helps remove bacteria and irritants from your penis.
- Use water-based lube. Don’t use spit or oil-based lubes, which can introduce bacteria to your penis.
- If you’re uncircumcised, pull your foreskin back when you pee. This keeps urine from getting underneath and causing irritation and cause uncircumcised fishy odor.
- If necessary, use a good penis health crème
Is It Urgently to See a Doctor?
If the smelly odor hasn’t faded in a day or two, make an appointment to see your doctor or see your doctor right away if you experience:
- buildup of white chunks around your penis
- rash around your penis, genital area, anus, or thighs
- burning or pain when you pee
- abnormal discharge
- itching or irritation
- redness or swelling
Incoming search terms:
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1833 g-krB6cz2jJpMRPmV-0APwqZE3lnjQpW0tOBsAWICP2zykyBDGrBJ_43qEK4pIGC 1d28ff438eb4e29301482f7d384931fe59cd798b&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
Tags: Fishy Smell Penis Medication How to Avoid Penis from Fishy Smell Symptom of Fishy Smell Penis Uncircumcised odor treatment What Brings Penis Smells Like Fish Why Your Penis Does Smells Like Fish